Wednesday 7 January 2009

You're heard of two left feet...

...well, I almost ended up with two right mittens!?! Which would have been a nightmare to say the least. I mean, I'm left-handed.

Last winter I knitted myself a gorgeous pair of striped mittens, which I loved. Then I stupidly lost them - by accidentally leaving them on the bus, in my rush to get off at the right stop!

I promised myself I would knit another replacement pair, so that's what I've been working on, it helped to keep me occupied and my hands busy in the couple of days before Hogmanay and quite a few days since.

The other night, I was thrilled to be on mitten no. 2 and getting on well. So engrossed was I, that I'd done all the fiddly shaping bits for the thumb and even finished sewing that part up. I was about to proceed onwards, when I realised that I'd omitted to notice the shaping should have been different to make the left mitten! As a result I had to undo the sewing and rip right back to where I got lost...ah the joys.

I guess it will make the stripy mittens that much more rewarding when they are finally finished! (I hope so, anyway.)

Crafting 365 Days 227-231: mitts in progress

No comments: