Wednesday 1 July 2009

Inspiration

I was just browsing Vogue online and then WomensWear Daily, doing a little research on the Autumn/Winter 2009 season, when this beautiful Alexander McQueen dress caught my eye and completely stopped me in my tracks.



I don't think words are quite enough to do it justice, but I absolutely love the juxtaposition of the delicate lace carefully draped and layered over the strong yellow colour underneath. The patterning reminds me of the veining on the gossamer wings of a dragonfly. To die for!

Did I mention I have an obsession with lace? I suppose it also helps that I hold the work of Mr. McQueen in such high esteem.

Incidentally, I may be getting a *little* ahead of myself as it's for the 2010 resort collection...

See the article here: Alexander McQueen Resort 2010 - Fashion News - WWD.com.

Shared via AddThis

No comments: