Yep, that's right. It's Craft and Design Month during May here in the UK. I know I'm a little late, but there are still a whole load of events happening, check out their events page for more details about what's going on near you.
- A Passion for Glass at the National Museums Scotland, which opened on Friday and runs until September this year.
- Craft Festival Scotland 2011, which also takes place during the month of May
- Support UK Handmade's national Buy Handmade Campaign!
- Jupiter Artland on the outskirts of Edinburgh, which has just re-opened, and features sculptural works by Ian Hamilton Finlay and Andy Goldsworthy.
- The Borders Textile Towerhouse in Hawick is also worth a visit with its textile treasures and currently has an exhibition entitled "The Women who wore Pringle"!
- Colour - Quilts - Collage: an exhibition featuring the work of award-winning quilt artist Frieda Oxenham at the Tweeddale Museum and Gallery in Peebles.
- and last but most certainly not least, don't forget to check out the work of up-and-coming young creatives at the art college degree shows, such as Duncan of Jordanstone in Dundee!