Thursday 26 April 2012

3KCBWDAY4 - A Knitter for all Seasons?

Day Four: A Knitter for all Seasons?

I have to confess that although I adore knitting lightweight lace projects (I really do enjoy lace knitting, whether it's a simple motif with only a few rows repeat, or a more complex piece requiring full concentration), the type of projects I seem to spend most of my time making are generally wintery things, especially mittens and scarves.

Crafting 365 Day 290: Up close

This is probably due in part to the fact that I have had a business selling such things for several years now, but I think also because I really enjoy working with woolly, cosy yarns and personally love wrapping up with handmade knits in the wintery weather.

illustration

So although I occasionally work with cottons and more summery yarns, I can be found working on warm, woolly things pretty much all year round! I find that this is very much reflected in my stash too, with a definite bias towards fibres which are suitable for giving warmth and comfort such as wool, alpaca and cashmere.

7 comments:

Stacey (FreshStitches) said...

Yummy warm things!

Nicole said...

Having a business does influence your habits for sure! Just make sure you always take time for one of those lace weight projects you love for yourself! :)

Cat McLaughlin said...

@ Nicole - True. I do try to make sure that I do some "selfish knitting" every once in a while to keep me happy! :)

Pirate said...

I love the thick-and-thin yarn in your first picture! It looks so soft and warm.

Cie Turvey said...

Love your illustration! You should do more of those - you could get a sideline going! ;) x

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow, I'm in love with the texture of the knit in the first picture. So above and beyond beautiful!

kathy b said...

I too love your illustration...and the mitt is adorable too