Saturday 7 March 2009

Crafting for a Cause

Red Nose Day 2009 is fast approaching. So, with that in mind, for every Handmade Felted Sweetheart Brooch I sell from my etsy or folksy shops during the month of March, I will donate the proceeds to the UK charity Comic Relief.



I thought it was about time I did some crafting for a great cause. The money raised is used by Comic Relief to "help poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged people turn their lives around across Africa, throughout the world's poorest countries and closer to home here in the UK."

In 2007, I made this corsage and sold it to raise money for Red Nose Day on my etsy shop. A group of other UK etsians did the same, making other items featuring the colour red - a colour very much associated with Comic Relief and their red noses - in their work. A treasury featuring many of these pieces made it to the front page of etsy, which was great for raising awareness.



For more information about the charity, or to donate, see www.comicrelief.com

No comments: